Tuesday, April 2, 2013

We Have Arrived!

It seems crazy to me that I'm sitting in a furnished house in Pardubice, Czech Republic, with a rolling fire, a refrigerator full of food and servant-hearted people just a phone call away if needed ... and snow!! How in the world did I get here?

Last month's post mentioned a 2006 "stirring" for missions. Let me share just a few details about that:

  • God initially told Sheri about this call to missions.
  • He told her we would "live out our faith" in the Czech Republic.
  • He told her we would live in a city starting with "P"!  (no kidding!)
  • And, He told her that I wouldn't retire from my job ...
Now I don't know about you, but I wasn't all that receptive when she came to me, 15 years into my expected 25-year career with the State of Mississippi, to tell me the Lord is going to call us into full-time missions ... in 5 years!

Well, the next 7 years are God-ordained history now, and as a result, here I sit ... amazed!  The absolute bottom line?  God is faithful to His Word!

Four days into living out God's call in CZ and everything is going well so far.  We even made our way to Hradec Kralove for Easter service at Sion Church last Sunday!  Check out the video of praise in the Czech language below!

We're so excited to be here for many reasons, but mainly because this is exactly where God wants us! He's been preparing us for this for years now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment